HELP! Dreamscience tune download failed.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 02:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last 20 Shouts:
April 16, 2014, 10:00:43 PM
lol Gordon
Been lucky till now Sad
April 16, 2014, 09:52:14 PM
Hey Marko,
Welcome to the world of +15%!!!!!
Duty, GST, brokers fees, GST on freight etc.
Welcome to our world!
April 16, 2014, 09:22:47 PM
Nah I won't quite go like Chubb. Doing the usual: IC, intake, TBE, TM and tune. Maybe some better pads/rotors and a RARB and springs
April 16, 2014, 08:47:01 PM
I have NFI how that 76 made it into that shout......
April 16, 2014, 08:46:02 PM
It struck me as I drove home this afternoon that 76I can't recall a Focus 5 pot wearing out normally so far. No worn out rings etc. All engines replaced seem to have either broken or been swapped out for more powaz, so, I have no idea what to expect with mine.
April 16, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
So Marko, you gonna mod up and shoot for performance like Chubb?
April 16, 2014, 08:41:26 PM
clapping
April 16, 2014, 07:25:10 PM
Miltek resonated :D
April 16, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
Which one did you get Marko?
April 16, 2014, 07:02:49 PM
My zorst is here :D but it's stuck in customs coz it was "$1070" Sad
April 15, 2014, 08:36:09 PM
Home now after the National Cruise. Big few days and 2700 kms
April 11, 2014, 07:45:53 PM
It took me so long to go anywhere this afternoon. You know it's like that but it just seems worse every time I come back down.
April 11, 2014, 03:39:13 PM
Gee I hate Sydney!
April 09, 2014, 08:54:21 PM
If you're all about the noise, go the straight pipe. The problem with it is the drone it induces. Get a hotdog resonator to eliminate the drone. My choice: hotdog resonator. Had one before I put my full TBE on...
April 09, 2014, 08:51:50 PM
Cheers mate, just thought I would check. Would you go straight through or dog if you had a choice?
April 09, 2014, 08:39:58 PM
thats about right mate
April 09, 2014, 07:08:33 PM
Looking at de-res to xr5 and been quoted that straight pipe it will cost aprox $100, & to fit a dog will cost aprox $ 150  Or $240 in stainless. Too pricey? Cheers
April 09, 2014, 06:18:03 PM
cool :-p Thanks for confirming.
April 09, 2014, 06:17:45 PM
cool :-p Thanks for confirming.
April 09, 2014, 03:34:50 PM
Hey Robbo, you were right about the oil supply, the hot side is on the right as you look at the back of the sump Smiley so closer to the driver side
Members
Total Members: 9561
Latest: Eadam
Stats
Total Posts: 444587
Total Topics: 17292
Online Today: 125
Online Ever: 282
(September 05, 2011, 09:19:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 105
Total: 113
Recent Topics
by smuz
[Today at 01:18:37 AM]

by smuz
[Today at 01:11:10 AM]

[April 16, 2014, 10:44:56 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 10:13:14 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 10:12:41 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 09:06:44 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 08:40:55 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 07:09:23 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 04:37:27 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 03:11:05 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 02:32:33 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 01:44:17 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 12:06:09 PM]

[April 16, 2014, 09:31:42 AM]

[April 16, 2014, 08:19:45 AM]
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Dreamscience tune download failed.  (Read 2999 times)
ph555
Coming on Boost

« on: June 13, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

So I purchased a stage 1 kit from dreamscience, have had the catback installed and did the induction kit myself. Both are nice bits of kit and sound great.

I got the confidence to install a tune today, installed all the software on my laptop as per instructions no problems. Connected it to the car and it detected and found the stock tune.

Then I started to download the race tune and it gets about 10% through and download failed. Attempt recovery and that fails at about 10% too. I read some forums and see that some guys have had to use their desktop PC's so I install software again and try that but load fails again at about 20%.

Have tried on 3 different PC's now and all fail - my car is now an expensive driveway ornament and the local ford dealership doesn't really want to help (understandably).

I really need some help here guys - have emailed DS but not reply yet.

Any suggestions?

Report to moderator   Logged
entheos
Dealer
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »

I would just retry the recovery...or try and reload stock...I came into this issue once or twice, but it always EVENTUALLY came out of recovery mode....

Western Sydney Based Dealer Representative
Penrith's ONLY Night Service Centre.  Open till 11pm Monday-Thursday

NSW Cruise Crew

Disclaimer:  The information contained in the above post is an opinion of the poster and not that of Ford Motor Company Australia unless otherwise stated.  If you have a query about what has been said, please PM me or respond to this post.  Opinions and stances taken by Ford Motor Company Australia will be clearly noted in any posts by the poster.
Rattie
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »

Yeah happened to me as well.........make sure you reinstall drivers as per instructions. As entheos said, just try to reinstall stock tune, it should have it listed.. don't worry if it says engine malfunction, this is normal. Keep on emailing DS...Jared is pretty good at getting back to customers.

It could be other drivers on your system that are causing a conflict, disconnect from internet as well. I found that after it failed I restarted computer, tried again & it would be ok.

Good luck bud

edit...if ure in Melbourne I can come & have a look...see if we can sort it out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:31:14 PM by Rattie » Report to moderator   Logged

Mods....many    Finances....shot  Sad
ph555
Coming on Boost

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »

I just spoke to Matthew at BPR who thinks it is probably an issue with not enough processor power on my computers (which could be right as they are all only dual core).

Apparently the new DSCI tuning platform OBD2 cables require a pretty hefty resourced computer to do the job. (And I just received my kit last week)

So now I am searching for someone near Cheltenham/Mentone in Vic who has a high spec laptop on which I can install the software and give it a shot.

This is definitely not a situation you want to find yourself in...
furiousgibbon
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »

what a load of crap. Bring up task manager as you're trying to load a tune, I bet the CPUs will barely be registering. When the Tuning Platform was released I remember DS offering it with an Intel Atom based netbook, which is less power than a midrange Android phone of today.
Rattie
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »

PM bud........

Bluebird87
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

If the cash flow is good - go to jb hifi there is a new asus laptop out ( top spec btw ) and get it on interest free? Pros are its designed for gaming so will last for years running most average software. I know in perth you can get them for 2200 or so on 12 months.

Just an option - but I also know someone from here will help you out aswell. Goodluck mate.
micx
Cruise Crew
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »

what a load of crap. Bring up task manager as you're trying to load a tune, I bet the CPUs will barely be registering. When the Tuning Platform was released I remember DS offering it with an Intel Atom based netbook, which is less power than a midrange Android phone of today.

I have to agree with fg here; I use a 3yo (maybe 4) eee pc 701sd for my dsci and I've never had any issues with the capabilities of the netbook when it comes to using the software.

ph555
Coming on Boost

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »

Well I am happy to say that the dreamscience tune has now successfully downloaded - I can't begin to describe what a relief this is to have a mobile car again....

Now for the resolution.

I managed to get some assistance from someone who had a new quad core laptop with 8gb ram. The laptop had Win 7 and was relatively free of other software. Upon booting up we hit F8 and in the windows setup disabled driver signing (or whatever it says) then started windows.

Then we proceeded to load the DSCI Tuning Platform as per the instructions and then the 64 bit OBD2 cable driver.

Went out to the car, hit download on "race" and followed the instructions. I watched the progress bar (in a cold sweat with heart rate of 150) and it visibly progressed faster than on my dual-core laptop until it got to 100% and success!

So it would seem the advice from Matt at BPR is correct in saying that my hardware was simply not powerful enough to fully execute the download.

Keep in mind I have a 2nd generation OBD2 cable that is visibly different to the gen 1 and this has probably necessitated the powerful laptop.

I am planning on letting the guys at DS know about this and for anyone else out there who has a gen 2 OBD2 cable and similar problem then check your hardware specs.

Finally a big thank you to everyone on this forum for your speedy replies and Rick for taking the time to help me - I owe you mate.
Rattie
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

Thumbsup

scottjames_12
Century Post Club

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »

Personally I'd be pretty darn surprised if the laptop hardware wasn't powerful enough. The amount of data being transferred in the tune is pretty insignificant - a couple of MB maybe? I use an little Asus EeePC with an AMD C-350 CPU (essentially an AMD version of the Intel Atom) and it works fine. This new revision of the OBD cable might have something to do with it, but I'd suspect the OBD cable drivers more than anything else..

I ran into a failed download the first time I tried to load ModX. Just about packed my pants when it happened, but thankfully the recovery worked first time, then ModX flashed OK next time round. Not a nice feeling when you see FAILED on your screen though!

Dreamscience | Collins Performance | Airtec | Elevate | Samco | Quaife | Eibach | Whiteline | RennSport Racing | DBA | QFM
Damo 11
Certified Post Ninja!

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

Personally I'd be pretty darn surprised if the laptop hardware wasn't powerful enough. The amount of data being transferred in the tune is pretty insignificant - a couple of MB maybe? I use an little Asus EeePC with an AMD C-350 CPU (essentially an AMD version of the Intel Atom) and it works fine. This new revision of the OBD cable might have something to do with it, but I'd suspect the OBD cable drivers more than anything else..

I ran into a failed download the first time I tried to load ModX. Just about packed my pants when it happened, but thankfully the recovery worked first time, then ModX flashed OK next time round. Not a nice feeling when you see FAILED on your screen though!

The good thing about the DS software is it rights itself as easily as it craps itself.  My Stratagem created carnage one day, but a bit of patience and couple of flashes and all good.  Just left an error code relating to battery disconnection, so no dramas.  Jared is a top bloke and usually very prompt in providing assistance  Thumbsup

"Man cannot live on one mod alone............."

2010 Moondust Silver LV
Pumaspeed Ultimate 310/322 tunes, Black Airtec Gen3 IC, Elevate torque mount, Elevate CBV, Elevate TCV, 2XS Ventilator CAI with K & N pod filter, 2XS Inhaler RIP, RS ECU enclosure, De-symposed, 2XS 3" Dump, 2XS 3" cat pipe with 200 cell Outlaw cat, HiTech non-resonated catback, Eonon GM5162A headunit.......
mupoo
Century Post Club

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »

Just show ya, what work for one doesn't work for all  Thumbsup

Quaife, B+, Custom Exhaust & CAI, 65.8 Lakeside
ph555
Coming on Boost

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

FYI, official reply from DS regarding this issue.

Hi Paul
Good news you got the car flashed in the end and thanks for detailing what you found. I am sorry we have just started using these new Pro cables and upon initial testing on 2 of our development machines all was well as these too are very powerful processors. It does seem to be a timing issue as the new cable tries to flash faster than our software will allow and it kills the cpu usage. We are working on a fix now to rectify this and can only apolagise for this teething problem.
All the best

Apparently only 4 of these new cables have been shipped to Aus to date - and lucky me got one.

I'm sure DS will have a fix soon - will keep ya posted.
Dreamscience-Flash
Premium Member
Century Post Club

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »

Hi Guys

Feel free to contact us direct and we'll keep you up to date on here. It's not a big issue, actually there is nothing wrong with the dsci and cable, it just uses more of the pc cpu than the previous phase 1 cable. The speed of the flash on this new phase 2 cable has increased by almost double so the full flash is very fast and we also now have the drivers digitally signed by Microsoft and works fully on Windows 7 so no need to disable digitally assigned drivers on start up.

We are testing some other firmware versions on this new cable which will cater for the slower machines and comprimise with a slightly faster flash time above the phase 1 cable. People can still order the dsci packages as all updates are done remotely, if you have a new lap top with a large amount of Ram and a fast processor speed you will have no issues.

All the best

DS
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: